It is already possible to root the Samsung Galaxy S5, yet not delivered by European stores. Here is the tutorial which is based on CF-Auto-Root, developed by Chainfire, for users who have the chance to receive their Galaxy S5 first.
Back up your data! The following procedure can lead to the erasure of all user data. In addition, the root has risks. If you do not follow the steps correctly, you can make your Galaxy S5 unusable. Neither FreebiePixels nor I will not be held responsible for anything.
Method 1: Cf-Auto-Root.
The only supported version is the SM-900F, the standard European version.
A Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F) charged to 70%
S5 drivers properly installed
Download CF-Auto-Root file for SM-G900F.
1. Download the CF-Auto-Root package given above and unzip it.
2. If your Galaxy S5 is connected to your PC, disconnect it.
3. Launch Odin.
4. Click PDA and go for the CF-Auto-Root-KLTE-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5 file.
5. Turn off your S5 and restart it by download method (volume down + home + power).
6. Odin, make sure the Distribution box is not checked.
7. Click Start.
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S5 is rooted.
Geohot, developer including XDA just put online Towelroot APK which can internally do a Galaxy S5 root very easily. Here’s how to use it.
Towelroot is simply APK developed by Geohot allowing Root access on Galaxy S5 just by installing it. The developer of the root blocked Verizon and AT & T (US carriers), but he said that the method works very probably on international models.
1. With your smartphone, visit towelroot.com, and click the lambda sign (the “y” spilled red) to download the APK named tr.apk.
2. On your Galaxy S5, go to the settings and the System submenu, choose Security.
3. Scroll down and check Unknown Sources, so you can install an APK not from Google Play.
samsung galaxy s5 unknown sources
Disable the installation of applications from unknown sources after the operation, it is always best. / © AndroidPIT
4. With a file browser, you can choose one from our top (Top 5 Best Android for file browsers).
5. Retrieve tr.apk file you downloaded earlier and start the installation by pressing its icon.
6. In towelroot application, click Root.