How to Unblock blocked Websites at School, Work, Home or Anywhere at all.
Internet censorship has grown drastically over the past few years with countries like China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran taking the lead over others in blocking sources of free unbiased information. China is known to have even forced Google to filter its search results. Government censorship is not the only reason why websites are blocked. Some network administrators also prevent users from accessing certain websites which they believe are of no use in places such as schools and sometimes, even offices. In such times, you may need to access a website that is blocked. This article explains how.
Which websites are most commonly Blocked?
The most commonly blocked websites include websites about pop culture, health, medicine, women, religion and politics. Social websites are also often blocked and include the likes of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Quora!, Pinterest, Instagram, MySpace, Reddit, Digg, Hulu, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Blogger (Blogspot), Bebo, Flickr, Yahoo! Messenger, Typepad, Technorati, StumbleUpon and Delicious. Sites like Google News, Wikipedia, Wikileaks and eBay! are also blocked at certain places.
Access Blocked Websites at School, Work or Anywhere
There are many genuine reasons for which you might want to visit blocked websites at your school or office. Given below are the ways you can use to regain access to the blocked website you wish to visit.
1. Cache method: Most search engines maintain a cache of web pages indexed by them. You can search for a website on Google , Yahoo! or Bing and click on the cached link that is given next to the result. To load the web pages more quickly, you can visit the text-only version. Since the website is provided from the search engine’s servers, it can be used to overcome IP address and URL based filtering.
3. Access blocked websites with Google Translate. You can use translation service from Google to visit blocked websites. To do so, enter a language different from the website’s language in the ‘From’ field and English in the “To” field. You can also use this method to bypass software that block websites on the basis of specific keyword mentions. Just translate the URL you wish to visit in a different language to overcome the keyword block.
4. Create a 2 layered unblocker: Go to Google Translate, open any proxy website inside it and then use that proxy website to access your blocked website. In this way, you can achieve two layered website unblocking.
5. Use RSS Readers for accessing restricted blogs: All blogs syndicate their content via RSS feeds which you can subscribe to in web based RSS readers like Feedly to access blocked content. For example, the RSS feed of this blog is located at http://feeds.technewsnatio.wordpress.com/
6. To access a blocked website, you can enter its IP address instead of the URL in your browser’s address bar. This can bypass most basic forms of website blocks. Although if the blocking software maps the IP address to the website domain, the website will still remain blocked. You can find the IP address of any website by pinging the website domain name in the Command Prompt in Windows (Terminal in other operating systems) and noting its IP address. Execute ping http://www.technewsnation.wordpress.com in the Command Prompt to ping http://www.technewsnation.wordpress.com.
7. Use IP Address to Decimal conversion: If you cannot access your blocked website by entering its IP address.